Heel pain is not normal. It should not be interfering with your dancing, but heel pain is a common ailment of dancers.
Here are some tips to reduce heel pain....
- Wear good, supportive shoes
- It is tempting to slip into flip flops when coming out of pointe shoes, but they are very dangerous in reality. Go for a more supportive shoe, like a tennis shoe.
- Make sure your calves and Achilles are properly stretched out and warm. You may need to take extra time before class to get yourself warm and ready
- Don't ignore heel pain! If you start to notice pain your heels you should see a podiatrist. Foot pain is not normal and shouldn't be ignored.
- Try this Theraband first step to Foot Relief Kit Available Through our online product store.
- Ready-to-use package contains:
- Thera-Band Foot Roller provides massage and cold therapy.
- Thera-Band Professional Resistance Bands have been proven to increase strength, mobility and function.Biofreeze Roll-On provides temporary relief from foot pain. The roller ball formulation allows a massage-like application directly to the plantar fascia.
- Instruction Guide with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions that guide patients through their at-home treatment.